Can I Use Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate Without Diluting It?
No, the bacteria in the Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate needs water to activate and survive. If the product is not diluted the bacteria will stay dormant and will not be able to eat away the stain or odor. If you are looking for something already premixed we do offer Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Ready To Use.
How should I dilute the product?
For small stains use a dilution ratio of 10 cups of warm water to 1 cup of Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate. For the tougher stains Unique recommends using a dilution ratio of 10 cups of warm water with 2 cups of Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate. Keep in mind, that after the Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate is diluted it only has 7 days until the bacteria become inactive so only make what you will need to use.
Does the Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Really Work?
Unique stands firmly behind the Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate as the safest and most effective stain and odor eliminator on the market. It has been tested time and time again against it’s top competitors and the results are always the same with Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate leading the pack. Don’t just take our word for it, though, try it out for yourself. If you’re still not seeing results, check out more of the FAQs otherwise give Unique’s customer service a call at 1.800.476.1608
My Pet Is On Pet Meds, Is That a Problem?
Unfortunately pet medications, especially antibiotics, contain anti-bacterial properties that when they come into contact, will kill the bacteria in the Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate.
If this is the case and the product isn’t working, use an extractor to pull up as much of the medicated urine as possible, and then apply a dilution of 5 cups of warm water with 1 cup Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate. It may take a couple applications to overcome the medication’s impact on the bacteria.
It’s Not Working, You Said It Would!
Please see the following scenarios:
- Unique has found that a major step in removing a pet stain is agitation. Once the Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate is generously applied to the stained area, use the bottom of the bottle to agitate the area. By agitating, the product is dispersed deep into the stain and it also helps breaks down the stain for the bacteria to eat. Also apply pressure to the damp, white towel, if used on the stain.
- Make sure there is plenty of the Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate covering the area. If it is not applied liberally the bacteria cannot get down into the carpet, floor pad, etc. The stained area should be completely wet with the Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate.
- For the bacteria to thrive it needs to continue to stay moist. If the area is wiped up or dried after an application the bacteria can no longer work. Therefore make sure not to wipe up or dry the stained area after applying the Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate. After applying the product, place a warm, wet, white towel over the area and step on the towel to help agitate. Leave the towel for an hour* and then let air dry. If the stain is still present make sure the area is completely dry and then repeat the process a second time. We don’t recommend leaving the carpet wet for more than 24 hours. If needed let the area completely dry and then apply a second application.
- If other products were used before applying the Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate this may cause problems for the bacteria. Unfortunately many cleaning products can leave behind harmful residues that will kill or limit the healthy bacteria. The best way to counteract other products is to use an extractor if you have one. Before application use the extractor with warm water and extract as much of the old product up as possible. It may take a couple of applications of the Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate to fully combat the other products.
- Berber or Wool may require more applications of the Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate because berber and wool are more tight knit and resistant to liquid . After applying the Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate to the stain, agitate the area, getting the product deep into the carpet. A second application may be required.
- Pet Medications can contain antibacterial properties that can harm the bacteria. If you have an extractor, with warm water, extract out the stain a few times and then apply the product. It may take a couple applications.
*We don’t recommend leaving the carpet wet for more than 24 hours. If needed let the area completely dry
and then apply a second application.
Oh No, My Pet Just Drank Your Product!
No need to panic. It is not recommended that any pet consume the Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate, however it is completely safe. There is a small chance that they may experience diarrhea, otherwise they will just have healthy bacteria in their stomachs. Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrateis made with non-pathogenic bacteria, which can be found in milk and cheese. Once again, it is highly discouraged for any consumption.
Why Isn’t The Urine Smell Going Away?
A couple possibilities:
- If the pet has urinated in the corner of the room or near a wall, make sure to apply and saturate along the baseboard. A lot of the time urine gets stuck between the baseboard and wall and creates an odor. The product needs to get both in the carpet and baseboard.
- The smell might be ammonia caused by the bacteria, however this is completely natural and will go away. The bacteria takes the urine through an ammonia smell as it breaks down the odor and usually after a day the the ammonia smell will completely dissipate.
- It is important to allow the carpet to completely dry to allow the urine smell to completely dissipate. If the carpet is still wet, wait till it air dries or use a fan to help the carpet dry completely.
- Sometimes if the urine spot is large or saturated deep into the carpet, a couple of applications may be required.
How Should I Apply the Product To A Mattress / Pet Bedding?
Saturate the area where the odor and stain are located on the mattress. Make sure there is enough Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate applied so that it can penetrate far enough down into the mattress. Use a dilution ratio of 5 cups warm water to 1 cup Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate. After the product is applied, place a warm, damp, white towel over the stained area and apply pressure for a few seconds. By applying pressure to the towel, you allow the mattress to fully soak up all the product, helping the Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate to reach the hard to reach areas. Leave the towel over the stain for an hour, then remove, and let the area completely dry. If the stain or odor is still present, wait until the mattress is dry and then proceed to apply a second application.
How Is Your Product Different?
- It works. Many products use either masking agents (to mask the smells) or enzyme only formulas. Formulas that only use enzymes can only do half the job. The Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate contains both bacteria and enzymes. When bacteria reproduces it actually creates enzymes. The enzymes then break down more complex molecules into something the bacteria can eat and completely eliminate. The two work together to completely eliminate all stains and odors. It’s not a chemical; it’s bacteria that eat waste and organic material. Therefore it multiplies when you apply it, as a result it continues to grow and multiply as long as it has a wet environment and food supply to live off of. With chemicals there is no growth or multiplication.
- It is completely safe. Since the Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate is all natural, there are no harsh chemicals to worry about. It will not harm or damage skin if it comes into contact. It can even be safely used around pets and children.
Isn’t Bacteria Unhealthy?
Some bacteria is harmful, however the bacteria used in the Pet Odor and Stain Eliminator Concentrate is not. The bacteria used is non-pathogenic, which means, “ not harmful to humans or animals.” Non-pathogenic bacteria is used in many everyday products such as milk and yogurt. However, Unique strongly suggests that it should not be consumed.
Your product is awesome, and I just have a need to tell the world, how can I do that?
Well besides buying a whole bunch of bullhorns and hiring millions of people to stand on every street corner in the world singing our praises, you can do few things:
- Post a review on our Google+ page and we’ll give you a discount on your next purchase (https://plus.google.com/+Uniquemm)
- E-mail us your testimonial, and we will do our best to get it out there (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tell your local stores that you love the products and that if they aren't carrying them, already, they should contact us! (800.476.1608)
** We don’t recommend leaving the carpet wet for more than 24 hours. If needed let the area completely dry and then apply a second application. **IMPORTANT